Teacher Discounts from Retail Stores
No one would be surprised to hear that classroom supplies and teaching aids are costly. Teachers are often responsible for buying their own art supplies and even books and pencils. Fortunately there are quite a few retailers who value education and support educators. Read through the list of some businesses where teachers get significant discounts.
Just like with all deals, make sure the discount is still there before making a purchase. If your favorite retailer is not in the list, give them a call and inquire in person – very few will say no to help for teachers.
Apparel and Home Goods:
- Banana republic - offers 15% off.
- The Container Store offers teachers an exclusive discount on organization and storage items via their Organized Teacher Discount Program. You can register for this program on their website, here. You'll be able to redeem your education discount when making a purchase in-store, online or by phone. Registration is completely free.
- Dagne Dover – 20% off for teachers, so carry those essays in style.
- Dressbarn – Dressbarn Academy members get 15% off with school ID.
- Hanes – teachers also need to get dressed, so do just that and get 10% off.
- J.Crew – offers 15% off apparel with valid ID.
- Leesa – you don’t want to under sleep and then deal with all those kids, so get a new comfy mattress and get it with 15% discount.
- LOFT – LOFT Loves Teachers Program will give you 15% off, special sweepstakes, and teacher appreciation days.
- Madewell – 15% off purchases.
- Talbots – 15% off with valid teacher ID.
- Toms – you can be comfortable and fashionable in class, support a good cause, and get 10% off.
- West Elm – who says teachers don’t want to be surrounded by stylish items? Get 15% off and do just that.
- Adobe – nothing is used more in the classroom than Adobe Cloud, and now teachers and students can get 60% on those subscriptions.
- Apple – get upgraded and save $200 while doing that.
- AT&T Wireless – talk to the customer service about teacher discounts offered.
- Lenovo – discounts on laptops.
- Microsoft – you can get Office 365 Education for free and then 10% discounts on Windows devices.
- T-Mobile – all teachers get $100 off smart phones.
Books and Classroom Supplies
- A.C. More – poster boards and everything else at 15% off.
- Barnes and Noble – participate in their education program and get 20% off everything, and 25% off on special days.
- Books-A-Million – sign up for email list and get 20% off everything.
- Dick Blick Art Materials – free preferred card will give you 10% off purchases and bulk discounts.
- Half Price Books – Educator Discount Card saves you 10%.
- JOANN – 15% off with JOANN Teacher Rewards Discount Card.
- Lakeshore Learning – 15% off in-store with Teacher’s Club membership.
- Michaels – 15% off everything, so load up on craft supplies.
- NEA magazine Service – become a member and receive 900+ magazines for 85% less.
- The New York Times – 50% off for online access.
- Office Depot and Office Max – member savings and 2% back in rewards.
- Party City – Purchase items for school with school credit card, spend at least $75, and you will get great discounts.
- USA Today – 45% classroom subscription.
- The Wall Street Journal – just $49 for a year.
- 23andMe – learn about your ancestors with special pricing for you or the entire class.
- Pets in the Classroom – Pre-K to 8th grades can receive grants to buy in-class aquariums and various pets for responsibility learning.
- Theater Development Fund – join and get access to discounted tickets for plays, musicals, and more in NYC.
- Budget Truck Rental – if you need a truck to haul supplies or move, worry not – you can get 20% off local and 15% off one-way moves.
- Caesar’s Palace – when you just need a break, go ahead and take it at Caesar’s with 10% off.
- EZ Rent-A-Car – hit the road with 10% off rentals.
- Hertz – Members of NEA get 25% off.
- Preferred Hotel Group – 20% off booking and various extra perks, like free breakfast and free parking.